Just a few things:
* Next week I’ve got a reading in LA, then I’ll be in SF tabling at two events and in conversation with Myriam Gurba at the Booksmith. Eventually I’ll be in GA in the summer, but the details haven’t been announced yet, so I’ll leave it at that. As always, you can keep track of my whereabouts (in a non-stalkery way) here.
* I’ve got something in the next issue of Bitch Magazine, a one-page, two-color comic about the brilliant performance artist, Gloria Toyun Park. Look for it on shelves (a hummingbird is on the cover–it’s coming out any day now), or subscribe/purchase it here.
* I’ve got a longer piece coming out in the summertime, in the Virginia Quarterly Review. It’s a full-color (watercolored!), six-pager about a carnivorous plant I used to have. Very creepy! And kind of sweet! I’m guessing you can order it here, when it happens.
* My book Kiss & Tell: A Romantic Resume, Ages 0 to 22 is now officially on its second printing! Unfortunately, the price has gone up a few dollars. Fortunately, the new book has a less scuffable cover. You can find it wherever books are sold (if they have awesome tastes, that is), or buy it directly from me at my store if you want a personalized copy.
* Lastly, and my favorite news of all: My book Dragon’s Breath and Other True Stories has been nominated for the prestigious Eisner Award! When I first heard this news, I wept for three hours straight. And I don’t mean pretty, graceful tears. I mean snotty, confused sobs. Let me be clear: I have zero chances of actually winning this prize, as my modestly selling memoir is up against some pretty heavy hitters, including Roz Chast’s mutiple-prize-winning, NYT best-selling masterpiece, but the mere fact that my book was nominated is an amazing thing that I never considered would happen to me in this lifetime. If you’re in the comic book industry, you can vote on the Eisners. Voting ends in a dozen hours though, so you’d better get on it.
Aside from all that, I’m just cranking away at my next book, and filling my Instagram feed with photos of my cats, dogs and WIP comics.
I guess that’s all I have for you. Thanks for reading, and have a great day!